Welcome to the ADR Institute of Canada
A national non-profit organization that provides leadership in the development and promotion of Alternative Dispute Resolution in Canada and internationally. In concert with seven regional affiliates across the country, we represent and support professionals who provide dispute resolution services as well as the individuals and organizations that use those services. Our membership includes over 2,000 individuals and numerous business and community organizations from across Canada. Our standards and programs reflect our commitment to excellence in the field.
October 23, 2014 to October 24, 2014
Hilton Bonaventure, MONTREAL
Preliminary descriptive brochure now available: click here.
For the first time ADRIC is working with the Canadian Corporate Counsel Association ("CCCA") to create one of the most unique special interest events you will ever attend.
Two days of substantive learning
With CCCA’s input, stimulating sessions for corporate counsel, sessions dedicated to international arbitration in collaboration with the International Chamber of Commerce, Canada ("ICC Canada") and four streams of sessions, this will be the largest, most prestigious and most important ADR event of the year.
Topics reflect current interests and issues across Canada and internationally. Choose sessions from four streams of topics including Arbitration, Mediation, Family & Community and Workplace & Specialty as well as internationally renowned keynote speakers.
February 13, 2014 to December 31, 2014
Important sessions recorded at the Annual National Conference now available for purchase at an extremely affordable price.
Other topics available at http://adrcanada.scholarlab.ca/:
- Managing Complex “Bet the Farm” Arbitrations: Client, Counsel and Arbitrator Perspectives
- Thinking Outside the Litigation Box to Realize ALL Potential Benefits of Commercial Arbitration!
- Online Dispute Resolution
- Restorative Justice: a Means to Peaceful Solutions to Conflict & Crime
- Best Practices for Successful Mediation
- Mastering the Role of Mediation Counsel
- Workplace Interventions: The Use of Mediation Skills in Related Workplace Disciplines
- Mediating Workplace Disputes
- Insights on ADR
- Observations on Arbitration
- IMAQ : Three day program - Cercle de l’Outaouais
« Transformative Mediation : Ideological Foundations and Practice », with Joseph P. Folger, Ph.D., October 2, 3 and 4, 2014, Gatineau. Click here for details and registration form.
- SCC limits appeal of arbitral award in BC
SCC limits appeal of arbitral award in BC - has implications for all of Canada:
- Recent judgement from the Supreme Court of Canada
A recent judgement from the Supreme Court of Canada regarding mediation confidentiality agreements may set a precedent for future commercial / contractual dispute settlements.
- Managing Organizational Conflict Workshop
The Workplace Fairness Institute in cooperation with the ADR Atlantic Institute offers this two day professional development seminar to ADR and Human Resources Practitioners on September 25 and 26, 2014.
- Mediate to Go
Mediate to Go is cloud-based case management software designed to help you get more clients and manage your entire mediation, coaching and arbitration practice on the go.
- Call for Nominations - McGowan Awards
ADR Canada is calling for nominees for the Lionel J. McGowan Awards of Excellence in Dispute Resolution. Deadline: September 12, 2014.
- The Roger Fisher Negotiation Training Scholarship 2014
Applications for The Roger Fisher Negotiation Training Scholarship are invited. The Scholarship entitles the recipient to attend the Become a Powerful Negotiator Workshop, offered by the Stitt Feld Handy Group.
- BCAMI 2014 Arbitration and Mediation Symposium
The British Columbia Arbitration and Mediation Institute is holding the 2014 Arbitration and Mediation Symposium in conjuction with its Annual General Meeting on June 9.
- Executive Certificate in International ArbitrationUniversity of Ottawa Executive Certificate in International Arbitration programme in Vancouver on June 5, 6, 2014.