Richard J. Moore
LLB., B.A., Called to Bar of Ontario
MDR Associates Conflict Resolution Inc.
138 Flora Street
Systems and Process Design
Early Neutral Evaluation
Ottawa Police Services Mediation Roster
Services offered in:
General Civil Practice: Experience in multiple areas
RICHARD J. MOORE, LL. B, C. Med., CFM., Cert Med., IMI., C. Arb.
Richard Moore is President of MDR Associates Conflict Resolution Inc. (“MDR”), a company that specializes in all aspects of practice, consulting and training in conflict management and conflict resolution.
Richard is recognized as a leader in the practice and promotion of alternative dispute resolution. Retired from his practice of law, he has extensive experience in conflict coaching, mediation, dispute resolution consulting (nationally and internationally), training and developing of conflict resolution practitioners, and in the design, implementation and evaluation of conflict management systems.
He has taken leadership roles in governance and mentoring in professional associations and in major not for profit organizations.
He is the Associate Executive Director of the Canadian International Institute of Applied Negotiation and a Director with the ADR Institute of Ontario.
Richard Moore has been appointed to the United Nations Mediation Roster.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION POSITIONS
• President, MDR Associates Conflict Resolution Inc.
• Associate Executive Director, Canadian International Institute of Applied Negotiation (CIIAN)
• Director, ADR Institute of Ontario Inc. (ADRIO)
• Past President, County of Carleton Law Association
• Chair, Advisory Council, National Capital YM-YWCA Community Mediation Program
EDUCATION and PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS
• B. A. political science, Carleton University, Ottawa Ontario
• LL.B. Queen’s University, Kingston Ontario
• Chartered Arbitrator (C. Arb.), ADR Institute of Canada Inc.
• Chartered Mediator (C. Med.), ADR Institute of Canada Inc.
• Certified Family Mediator (CFM), ADR Institute of Canada Inc.
Certified Mediator Cert. Med), International Mediation Institute
DISPUTE RESOLUTION CONSULTING & MEDIATION EXPERIENCE
Types of processes conducted include:
• Mediations (with and without legal counsel or other advisors)
• Multi party/multi issue mediations including complex and high profile public sector/private sector disputes
• Workplace assessments and interventions
• Group conflict processes
• Conflict coaching
Types of disputes dealt with include:
• Employment and workplace (public, private and not for profit sectors)
• First Nations
• Public Policy
Conflict Resolution System Design, Implementation and Evaluation
• Court Connected Mediation Program
• Community Mediation and Peace building Program
• Med/Arb System
• Mediator Roster Development and Qualification Assessment
• Mediation and Negotiation
• Effective Communication in Conflict
• Judicial ADR
• ADR Institute of Canada Inc.
• ADR Institute of Ontario Inc.
• Association for Conflict Resolution (USA)
• County of Carleton Law Association
• Law Society of Upper Canada
• 1992 Ottawa Police Services Board Civilian Commendation
• 2003 Gordon F. Henderson Award for volunteerism in the community